- No personally-identifiable information is recorded.
- Within any apps that offer user-input e.g. Snake high-scores, any information volunteered is totally optional.
- This website does make use of a very basic level of Google Analytics.
- This site does also have some basic custom analytics as well. It records things like which pages have been visited and if a drop-down menu is used, which item is selected.
- The main reason for this is to help me understand which topics are most popular.
- I might even try and do a blog on which blogs are most popular - blog-ception?
- IP addresses are monitored for purposes of security and fair-usage.
- Every user to the site gets assigned an anonymous session ID which can be used to link different actions together e.g. to see how many people view the Blogs page after viewing the CV page.
- Again - there is no way to learn any personal information from these anonymous IDs.
- The site currently has no mailing list and no personalised accounts. Rest assured that if they are implemented in the future, they will be done so in accordance with industry best-practices around security and privacy.
Although I don't think it applies as this site captures no personal data, I still encourage all visitors to be aware of their rights under GDPR legislation.
If you believe my interpretation of GDPR is incorrect, please get in touch at the first instance using this link.